Saturday, February 1, 2014

How I Make AG's "Friend's Are Sweet" Set

When AG came out with this set, I knew I would make it! Why waste your money when you can easily make your own?

To make the balloon I used:
*A plastic heart container 
*Straw
*Ribbon
(I didn't use tissue paper)
*Hot glue gun/hot glue

(Before I get started, I just want to point out that my balloon is one of those small balloons with a plastic stick at the end, not a big one.)
First, I trimmed the top of the straw and squashed the part where the straw bends.

Next, I trimmed the bottom of the straw to be a good size for my dolls.

I opened up the plastic container and placed the straw in like so.

Then I glued the top on.

With the ribbon, I wrapped in around the straw. You can put it in a bow, but I decided to do this instead.

 Done!



Help your doll hold onto it with a rubber band!

For the cookie bouquet, I used:
*Tan foam
*Red, pink, purple, and white foam
*Ribbon
*Scissors
*Tissue paper
*A little container (instead of the basket)
*Hot glue gun/hot glue
*Pencil

First, I drew 4 hearts on the tan foam and cut them out.

Then I cut smaller hearts out of purple, pink, red, and white foam and glued them onto the tan hearts for cookies.

Then I put tissue paper in the little container.

Next I arranged the cookies in the container.

I also glued ribbon around it.

Ta da, so cute!

For the heart garland, I used:
*Pink and red cardstock
*Ribbon
*Pink Sharpie
*Scissors
*Hole punch (optional)
*Hot glue gun/hot glue

First, I cut 5 red and pink hearts out of the cardstock.

Then I wrote sweet messages on each one.

Arrange them on a long piece of ribbon. I punched holes in them to fit the ribbon through the holes, but the first one broke so I made the rest the same.
Next I glued the hearts on.

Here it is on the wall!

Here are the three things that I made!

Eat, sleep, craft!
Claire

PS: Either today or tomorrow I'll post the Superstar Sites.
Happy February!!

4 comments:

I love your feedback and comments, but please be considerate of other people's feelings.

~Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...