Sunday, February 17, 2013

How To Curl Your Doll's Hair- EASY

For an easy way to curl your doll's hair on the go, all you need is a spray bottle with water in it, bobby pins, a brush, and your doll!

                          First, take a small section of hair in the front, mist it, and brush it, and twist it to the right(I found this direction was easier for this next step). Next, take the twisted strand, and wrap it around itself. Hold in place with a bobby pin.

                                                                 

                        Keep repeating with small sections of hair until it looks something like this. She may look like a space alien, but the results are worth it.

                                                 
I didn't leave my doll's curls in long enough,so I would suggest leaving the buns in overnight, or at least 6 to 8 hours.If you are doing this on American Girl Dolls, I would suggest not leaving them in to long, or they might be permanent. And I would try them on dolls with already curly hair first, because I haven't tried with AG dolls yet. 

                                                         
                      After the LONG wait, gently pull out the bobby pin, and unravel the bun. Mine was pretty curly, but after a few hours the curls came out. So leave them in longer! I hope this helps.                                                                                                

2 comments:

  1. Claire, your blog is wonderful! (your dad shared it with me.) I love how you include so many photographs - it makes it very appealing to read.

    I'll never forget being your age, and making the mistake of "trimming" my doll's hair which did not turn out well!! I would have been much better off just curling as you have done.

    Keep up the great work,
    from Genealogy Gems Blogger Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback and comments, but please be considerate of other people's feelings.

~Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...