Monday, December 14, 2015

12 DoC Day Two- New Hot Cocoa Tutorial!

Hello and welcome to day two of 12 Days of Carrot! Today I will be showing you my new and improved hot cocoa tutorial. I first posted a tutorial like this in my very first Christmas series, but as that was quite a few years ago, I'm going to redo it. Enjoy!

I will be showing you how to make one with marshmallows...

And one with whipped cream.

You will need:
*Brown felt
*White foam
*Cotton ball, pom pom, etc.
*Hole puncher
*Scissors
*Pencil, marker, etc. (optional)
*Hot glue and gun
*And a doll-sized cup!

1) Trace or leave an imprint (by pressing the cup into the felt) of the top of the cup on the felt. I find that tracing doesn't really work unless you were to use a marker, but I didn't want to get it on the cup.
2) Cut it out as best as you can.

3) Put the cotton ball, pom pom, whatever you wanted to use into the mug. It doesn't matter what color it is because it will get covered by the felt.

4) Put the felt circle into the cup to see if it fits. Trim if needed.

5) To add marshmallows, punch circles out of white foam with the hole puncher. Arrange and glue them on.

And you're done with that!

OR

Add whipped cream by tearing a bit off of a cotton ball and arranging and gluing it to the felt.

And that's what this one looks like!





I really like how they turned out!

What do you like in your hot cocoa?
Claire

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute!
    I love whipped cream, marshmallows, and cinnamon in my hot cocoa! I didn't hear of putting cinnamon in it until I watched OUAT. xD It tastes really good!
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marshmallows! The marshmallows look very realistic, now to find some brown felt!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback and comments, but please be considerate of other people's feelings.

~Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...