Friday, April 20, 2018

Some Photos of Caroline // Sunshine Blogger Award



I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to catch up on all the tags everyone has so graciously awarded me (sorry!), but I found this one that Abriella Animated tagged me in that I thought would give me the chance to reintroduce myself.

And hey! This is my second post this week, which means I'm a better blogger than I've been the past two years.

Interspersed throughout this post I have some more old photos from last summer- this time of Caroline (and the dolls' pet kitten).



1.) Which doll is your favorite?

I could never choose just one! But I have to say that my newest dolls are my favorites, just because the older ones I probably wouldn't get now, except they mean too much to me now to ever think about getting rid of them. So, Simona (Rebecca), Artemesia (Gabriela), and Theodosia (custom Kaya) are my favorites. But Caroline and Nellie are very close seconds!


2.) How many dolls do you have?

I had to think about this for a minute! I have 9 AG dolls- Elisabeth Dominique, Emily Jane (who desperately needs a trip to the doll hospital), Dakota Rose (going by Rose now), Evelyn (Eve) Piper, Caroline Reinette, Nellie (Nell) Ophelia, Simona (Mona) Hermione, Artemesia (Art) Phoenix, and Theodosia (Theo) Violet. I sold Clara Gabrielle about a year ago just because I didn't connect with her (and needed the money for Theo!). I also have a Heart 4 Heart Girls doll, Nahji, and various other little dolls. 


3.) What got you into American Girl Dolls and blogging?

AG- the Pleasant Company books. My dad got me a random assortment from a garage sale, there was a phone number in the back to get a free catalog, and it all went from there!

Blogging- MyFroggyStuff opened the world of doll crafting to me, and Doll Diaries was my first inspiration for doll blogging!


4.) What are your future career plans?

I'm not entirely sure yet, but definitely something creative. I'd love writing, illustrating, design, film making, maybe a photography business on the side. I'm currently writing a novel, but we'll see where that takes me. :) 


5.) How many countries have you traveled to?

Currently none but the one I live in, sadly. But I just got my passport this month! I'm most likely visiting Canada in the next year or two, but my dreams are set on the UK as my next destination after that. I'd also love to see some of the Nordic countries, Japan, Spain, New Zealand, to name a few. But first, I need those Scottish Highlands!!


6.) What are some of your other hobbies?

Like I said before, I enjoy many creative things, like writing and drawing. I also occasionally play the piano or ukulele. I'm not very athletic, but I very much enjoy ballet, tap, and jazz dance, plus I love figure skating and taking long walks in the forest. So wait, does this actually make me athletic? 


7.) What is/was your favorite subject in school?

World history and literature, plus foreign language. I'm in my second year of French, and though I love it, I'm kind of over it now and want to learn other languages! I hope to either take Japanese or Latin next year and I'm slowly learning Gaelic on my own just for fun. I even enjoy teaching myself Elvish (Sindarin, specifically)!


8.) Where do you get clothes for your dolls from?

I honestly can't even remember the last time I got doll clothes...but they were probably just from AG. I think I've only bought from Etsy twice, and while sometimes I think it might do me some good to get more modern outfits for my dolls, the historical clothing wins the inner struggle! I can never resist them. Although, I hardly ever get new clothes for my dolls, so it's usually just like a two-outfit circulation between all the dolls for each season.


9.) What is your favorite season?

Autumn is my favorite, I think! Winter is a close call, at least in December. After that (and especially this year), I'm kind of done with it. Spring sounds mighty fine right about now!


10.) Do you watch TV shows? If so, which ones?

I still enjoy Doctor Who and it is my favorite. Besides that, I like Sherlock, Stranger Things, Victoria, Once Upon a Time (at least the earlier seasons), and I'm currently watching Downton Abbey. I also watch the occasional cartoon, specifically Voltron!


11.) How old are you?

16!

---

Thank you for reading this, and I hope this helped reintroduce (or introduce) myself to you all! I hope you have a good day xx

3 comments:

  1. Great photos and great way to take on the Sunshine Blogger Award.
    Sherlock and Downton Abbey are wonderful...I'm still getting into Doctor Who but like it too.
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again! I was the opposite - I was immediately into Doctor Who, but it took me ages to finally watch Sherlock and Downton Abbey. Glad I've watched them now though!

      Delete
    2. Yes! I don't think I was ready when everyone else was for Doctor Who, so now taking small steps into the pool. :-)
      !Xyra

      Delete

I love your feedback and comments, but please be considerate of other people's feelings.

~Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...