Saturday, October 24, 2015

DIY- Deer Ears

Halloween is upon us! That means that it's costume time, and if you are a procrastinator or just have a lot of things to do, you may not have planned any Halloween costumes for your dolls. So today I have fairly simple costume for you- a deer, or a fawn. You could make a whole costume for it, but I just made these adorable little deer ears. Let's get started!

You will need:
-Tan or brown felt
-Other colors of felt of your choice for the flowers
-Scissors
-Hot glue/hot glue gun
-A doll to make sure it's the right size

1) First, cut two strips about a half an inch wide from the long side of a regular piece of felt. (this fits perfectly for AG dolls, but if you're doing this for a different size doll, you might want to make sure it's a good size.)

2) Cut one of those strips in half.

3) Hot glue those smaller strips to each end of the longer one.

This is what it should look like on your doll. I tied the ends in the back of her head.

4) Cut two of these shapes out of the felt any size you want. These are going to be the ears.

5) Fold the bottom edges together and glue.

6) Then glue the ears to the headband part.

7) Now it's time to make the flowers! Start by cutting out a thin strip of colored felt and rolling, twisting, and gluing it. It's kind of hard to explain, but keep doing this until you get to the end of the flower. If you really want to, you could just use small fake flowers.

8) Glue them on the headband. I put two pink and one white flower in between the ears.

And you are done! I love that this is made with only felt, and that is very cheap!





This is what Caroline is wearing. Everything is from AG.











Sorry for so many photos, I just really love these ears!

What are you and your dolls being for Halloween? I'm being Dark Swan from Once Upon A Time. 
Until next time!
Claire

4 comments:

  1. I love this tutorial! It looks great on Caroline!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really adorable..thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is super duper cute!! I actually want to use this for my own costume... I hope it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback and comments, but please be considerate of other people's feelings.

~Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...