Thursday, May 7, 2015

Tips On Straightening a Doll's Hair!

For some reason, I never really told anyone this, but Evelyn had a really big crimp in her hair that was there when she came. It never really bothered me, but a week or two ago I decided to get rid of it. Now I suggest that you only straighten a doll's hair IF YOU HAVE TO and with a parent's help. Without extreme caution, you can easily ruin a doll's hair even more.
So this is what Evelyn's hair looked like before when it wasn't brushed.

And this is what it looks like after!

Now there are a lot of videos on how to do it, but I find stephenswodadancer's tutorial especially helpful:

Some tips:
-Make sure your doll's hair is SUPER wet, or it can burn!
-Straighten one section at a time, going from the top to the bottom carefully and for not too long.
-Make sure your doll's hair is not messed up and it is how you want it so that it doesn't permanently stay that way when your straighten it.
-Let your doll's hair dry before doing any hairstyles on her.

 Hope this helped! I know it really helped Evelyn.
Bye for now!
~Claire

4 comments:

  1. wow. it looks amazing.

    i wonder if it would work on esther's hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not sure...Esther has different hair type than AG dolls, so it might melt her hair more easily or make it frizz more. I'm not sure though- I suggest looking it up to see if someone has tried it out! xo

      Delete
  2. This is great Claire! I'll have to try this on Alisha, I've been wanting to straighten her hair for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback and comments, but please be considerate of other people's feelings.

~Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...