Saturday, April 4, 2015

Craft- Easter Egg Cookies!

Hey guys! I know I normally don't make clay food tutorials, but I thought I'd  do something different for you guys. Today I'll be showing you how to make Easter egg cookies! Sorry this is up kind of late, but it took all week to get this post ready. Also, my brother took the pictures, so sorry if some of them are blurry!

1) First make a ball out of the color clay you want the cookie to be. I'm using polymer clay, but you can use Model Magic. Tip- wash your hands first so you don't get any dust on your clay!

2) Start squeezing one end to make an egg shape.

3) Flatten it and start texturing it with a toothbrush (a new one that you're not going to use!) and/or a ball of tin foil.

4) Place a small bit of your frosting color onto the cookie.

5) Dip a knife or other clay tool into some water.

6) Start spreading the "frosting" around. (The water makes the clay softer)

7) Smooth the frosting out with your fingers if needed.

8) Time to decorate! I made a log and two balls and flattened them.

Bake them according to the directions on your packaging, and seal with clay glaze.

And you're done!






Hope you enjoyed!
-Claire

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I just got clay the other day, so I think I'll make these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look very cute! :) Happy Easter to you!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback and comments, but please be considerate of other people's feelings.

~Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...