Monday, June 29, 2015

About Improvements, Cameras, & Other Stuff

Hey guys, I wanted to make this post partly because I'm in the blogging mood and partly because I feel like giving out advice, so here we go. 
I have used four different cameras since I started blogging. All of them range in quality from the lowest quality to a high quality. Here I have 4 pictures of Elizabeth that were taken by each of my four cameras. Bear in mind though, I didn't even know anything about taking doll photos when I first started, so that makes a big impact too- knowing what you're doing and figuring out how to do it the best you can.

So this is my first ever doll photo that I took with my mom's camera in 2012. Ick. I didn't know anything about photography, seeing as the lighting is horrible and the focus isn't even on her face.

This picture was taken on the camera I got for Christmas in 2013. Better, but still not the best.

Now this one was taken shortly after the last one, but with my dad's old camera. Already you can see the improvement!

And this one was taken on my camera I got for my birthday in 2014. It's not edited so it's a little darker than I would like, but I think it's a big improvement! I also used reflectors for this so it's not as dark as it would be without them.

See, this is how dark it would have been without reflectors! (and if your wondering, they're just homemade ones. I'm broke so I can't get real ones, but my homemade ones seem to work just fine. xD)

So basically the point of this post is to say that anyone can improve, and even if you have a really bad camera, you can take good pictures if you know what to do and how to work it. It's the photographer, not the camera as they say! If you feel like you will never get better, keep trying, I believe in you my little Clairrots! (my new nickname for you, ok?)
~Claire

PS- I'm not saying I'm a good photographer. I'm just saying that I've improved a ton. :)

13 comments:

  1. you HAVE improved a ton, Claire :) The difference is astounding ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post :) definitely helpful advice!

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely shown! I know I have seen improvements in mine as well. I really need to look into reflectors for my inside/indoor photos. Outside I have been pretty lucky without. Just have to watch for my shadow or feet getting in the shots. :-D
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice! I could really use it. I guess you could say that I have quite a bit of room for improvement. :) Also, I do think you are a really good photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's always room for improvement! And thank you so much! xo

      Delete
  5. Great post! Yes, everyone can improve with practice!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a great photographer! You improved so much and I agree with the saying its not the camera but the photographer. I loved seeing the what a difference a reflector can make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1, which I guess is considered an OK camera. Mainly my pictures look like that first one. Though I also just realized that there are things you can do with cameras other than turn flash on and off and change exposure. XD I found out that my white balance was way off.
    It is a good camera though.
    I'm rambling, aren't I?
    Anyways, hi.
    I'm Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes, there are LOADS of stuff to figure out on a camera!

      Delete

I love your feedback and comments, but please be considerate of other people's feelings.

~Claire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...