This is a pencil case craft I did back in February of 2013. I don't even know where I was going with the closure, and it didn't even fit my doll's pencils!!
So I decided to remake it. This is how I did it!
You will need:
*Doll pencil for measurement
*Jewel, sequin, or any other decoration you want to put on it
*Hot glue/hot glue gun
1) Cut your duct tape 1/4 longer than your doll pencil.
2) Cut another one. Stick them together, sticky side to sticky side.
3) Cut two more pieces about 1/2 an inch or so shorter, but still taller than your pencil.
4) Stick them together like the first pair. You should now have something like this.
5) Put the smaller one on top like so.
6) Cut thin pieces of tape that are the same length as the smaller piece and close both sides and the bottom.
One side done!
Two sides done!
And three sides done.
You should now have a flap at the top that can fold down.
7) Glue on the Velcro one the flap and front of the case making sure they meet up when closed.
8) Add a decoration on if you like.
And you're done!
It fits nicely inside the backpack I did yesterday.
And it can fit my doll's pencils in it...unlike my old one.