Hey guys! Today I made a YT channel with another one of my passions- polymer clay charms and miniatures. It's called meepcharms! I had posted a clay vid on my doll channel, but it didn't seem right there, so I made a channel just for clay! Of course I will still be posting here and on my other YT, but I wanted to do something different also. HERE IS THE LINK TO MY CHANNEL!!!!!
Please check it out!
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Today I have a pretty easy craft to do on a lazy summer day- s'mores bars! What doll doesn't like graham cracker crust, a layer of chocolate, ooey gooey marshmallow, and chocolate pieces? Your doll will L.O.V.E. them, so I recommend making several. :)
You will need:
*Brown thin foam
*White thick foam
*White or cream puffy paint
*Rectangle template in the size you want the bars to be (mine is a craft wood piece)
*Hot glue/hot glue gun
1) Trace your template onto the tan foam.
2) Cut it out.
3) Trace your template onto the brown thin foam.
4) Cut it out and glue it on top of the felt.
5) Trace your template onto the thick white foam.
6) Cut it out and glue it on top of the brown foam.
Foam is great, since it has the texture of a marshmallow!
7) Squeeze the puffy paint on top. I like to have peaks on mine, it just gives it a more marshmallow-ey feel. :)
8) Cut tiny pieces of brown foam and put them on the puffy paint while still wet. It helps to place them on with a toothpick.
9) Allow to dry.
PS- Sorry we haven't been posting (we were supposed to post this last Tuesday!), life has been SO
PPS- Please check out Emily's new series!
Monday, July 14, 2014
Today I'm going to show you a quick and easy way to make a mascara brush for your dolls!
You will need:
*Sharpie in your choice of color
*Braces brush (I have braces, so I get a lot of these from the orthodontist) or small bristle brush (such as a bottle brush)
All you do it color the bristles on the brush with your Sharpie, making sure you color it all.
Wait for it to dry, which for me was 2 seconds, and you're done!
*I am not responsible if the Sharpie rubs off onto your doll's skin! If you don't want to risk it, don't use it on your doll's face.*
PS- I uploaded a video!
Watch until the end for bloopers. :)
PPS- If you have a Pottermore account, I just got mine, so if you could friend me, I'm HazelWombat12175
If you are a Harry Potter fan, I would recommend signing up, it's free!
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Denim matches everything, so why can't it match a different shade of denim? I felt really like a cowgirl with my awesome boots. My style shirt is very in right now too!
Halter top- Local fair
Skirt- Battat at Target
PS: Check out Fun with AG Fan's giveaway for an adorable outfit! Enter it now, because it ends tonight!
Check it out HERE!
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Hello! Since How to Train Your Dragon came out a few weeks ago, I am going to do an Astrid inspired hairstyle!
This is her hair in the movie:
(Not my image)
You will need:
*Spray bottle filled with water
*2 hair ties
1) Spray and brush your doll's hair until smooth.
2) Braid a small section of hair from her part down near the front of her face.
3) Loosely tie it with a hair tie so the braid doesn't come undone.
4) Gather all of her hair on the side the braid is at.
5) Divide the hair into 3 equal section, including the braid into one one of them.
6) Braid into a side braid.
7) Tie on a hair tie on the end.
7) Brush the end if needed to.
And you are done!
Elizabeth and Claire